Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Best Fake Criterion Covers (Part 1)

As a new edition to my blog and somewhat a reason to change things up so it's just not a blog dedicated to reviews only. I have decided to have some fun and do a entry that will hopefully not just be a once off thing. This new section of my blog will be dedicated to my favorite Fake Criterion covers. We all know that Criterion create some of the best covers ever for their DVD releases. But these entries will be dedicated to the fans who create their own fantastic covers.

First Entry in this series is from the website:
http://www.theauteurs.com/

There is so far 94 pages dedicated to fans creating these Criterion covers. I have looked through the entire 94 pages and have chosen 20 of them that I simply adore. I could honestly see these 20 covers being used by Criterion themselves as cover art for their releases.

Believe me when I say it was seriously hard to narrow down this many covers to a minimal top 20.

But hope you love these 20 Fake Criterion covers as much as I do:


1. Vertigo


2. Primer


3. Faster Pussycat Kill! Kill!


4. In The Bedroom


5. Network


6. Danton


7. Titicut Follies


8. Punch Drunk Love


9. In The Mouth Of Madness


10. Hausu


11. Paths Of Glory


12. Kill Squad


13. The Fountain


14. Twin Peaks


15. The Shining


16. Tomb Of Ligeia


17. Twitch Of The Death Nerve


18. In The City Of Sylvia


19. Face To Face


20. Children Of Men

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Thanks for choosing three of my covers--I'm flattered, although there are much more talented guys than me posting on that thread.

I would like to point out that the clock image I used for the Primer cover was done by another artist. I found it online, but I gave him credit on the page.

Cheers,

J

Unknown said...

The amount of talent on that thread is astounding. Keep these lists comming! I hoping you choose one of mine, but ill keep my auteurs identity a secret...for now :P

Paul H said...

Josh they may be more talented but for me personally these are the covers that stood out.

As for Primer I really dig that cover. I know it was another artists picture, It still looked amazing regardless.

Paul H said...

Awwwwww Come on Sean! Just tell me! ;-P